4. McDonald's (MCD, Fortune 500), the all-American fast food Mecca, announced it would put $20 billion towards share repurchases and dividends Thursday, jumping on board the buyback trend that has boomed over the past 18 months.
5. LBS moves back to the top place, thanks in part to the highest salary, at $167,000, and being second best in value-for-money terms. The school is first for international course experience and second for alumni mobility.
6. IT/communications/electronics/Internet offer new graduates the highest pay at 4,867 yuan a month on average, but that's down 826 yuan from last year's level. Finance and transport/logistics/warehousing come second, offering average monthly salaries of 4,692 and 4,457 yuan respectively.
1. 12. Scientists modify photosynthesis to boost crop yield
2. Don't ever tell me that you have to have this job because you're going to lose your house, your kids have nothing to eat, your mother has cancer. Companies aren't a charity.
3. Popular songs from 2012:”Di Da” (Kan Kan and Li Chen) and “You Exist In My Song”(Qu Wanting and Du Chun)
Successful entrepreneurs often worked for others in their field of choice before striking out on their own. Spending a few years in the industry under an excellent mentor will provide a good launching pad. Learn from your predecessors’ mistakes and brainstorm about how to improve upon their model. Find someone willing to teach, and think about starting your business elsewhere when you leave.
TextPride changed its name to Swyft Media and launched a platform that pushes emojis and stickers from new brands into messaging apps. Brands pay for the privilege, as they would with a regular ad campaign.