1. Hope you enjoy the happiness of New Year and all the trimmings.
2. Mr Cook has added three women to what was previously a white-male-dominated executive team and changed Apple’s board charter to commit to seeking out candidates from minorities when appointing directors.
3. Plenty of technology companies are angling for a piece of the action, from established players such eBay’s Magento , IBM , and NetSuite to smaller developers including Shopify and Volusion. But relative underdog Bigcommerce is stealing mindshare and market share, fueled by more than $75 million in venture capital, including $40 million from entrepreneur Steve Case’s Revolution Growth firm.
4. New year’s events can be anticlimactic. Not so in China where stock markets began 2016 with enough excitement to make traders choke on their bubbles: Shanghai stocks dropped 7 per cent on Monday, Shenzhen more than 8 per cent. It could have been worse. A new mechanism that suspends trading after a drop of 7 per cent halted play early — in this instance, by an hour and a half.
5. The Warriors are one of the best teams in NBA history, and you can put their championship run up against any team in NBA history for the best playoff performance ever. But there's also a legitimate question of what this means for the sport. If the best or second-best player of all time stands no chance against this team, what does it mean for the sport's competitiveness? It hasn't been a problem so far, thanks to an extremely wild offseason, but the question remains: what happens to a competitive sports league when it's not truly competitive at the highest level?
1. Hitting the Top 100 for the first time, French fashion brand Dior and Silicon Valley automaker Tesla Motors Inc. were at Nos. 89 and 100 respectively.
2. Nine out of the top 10 have all worked with Victoria's Secret in some capacity, with curve model Ashley being the only exception.
3. I've seen managers not hire a woman because the environment is mostly male, and they're worried that no matter how smart or talented she is, she won't fit in.
4. If you outsource any or all of your content writing, you need to make sure your content is original. Paste content into Copyscape’s analyzer tool, and you’ll instantly know whether the content is original.
5. SAN ANTONIO DEL TACHIRA Venezuela (AP) — More than 100000 Venezuelans some of whom drove through the night in caravans crossed into Colombia over the weekend to hunt for food and medicine that are in short supply at home.
1. Last but not least, no matter what kind of personality you are, be positive and stay healthy!
2. The unexpected drop in 2013 came in spite of new policies--such as the city's 72- hour visa waiver for transit passengers--that were introduced in an attempt to nurture China's tourism industry.
2. In 2017, his 14th season in the league, LeBron James averaged a career high in assists and rebounds. In the first two months of 2017-18, he's averaging a career high in 3-point percentage, but that's been talked about and dissected; it's been written about extensively.
Domain name registrar GoDaddy, which is based in Scottsdale, Ariz., broke ground in May on its new Global Technology Center in Tempe. GoDaddy already employs 2, 600 people in the Greater Phoenix area and the new facility is expected to add 300 more. Other companies expanding in Arizona include Asurion, a leader in technology protection services. They opened a new technical support center in Phoenix and want to fill 500 jobs by the end of the year. Energy provider Direct Energy opened a new call center in Tempe this year and is looking to fill as many as 300 openings.